Why can't I add my card to my PayPal account?
Here are some possible reasons why you failed to add your card:
- A card can be added to only one PayPal account at a time. If your card has been added to another PayPal account, you can remove the card or use another card before trying again.
- Your card might not be compatible with the PayPal system. Find out the cards you can use with your PayPal accounts.
- The billing address you provide must exactly match the one shown on your card statement. Check your debit or credit card statement to confirm that the addresses match.
- If your card doesn't have a card verification code (usually a 3-digit code on the back of your card), you can't use that card on your PayPal account.
- You have 24 cards linked to your PayPal account. You can only have 24 linked cards on your account at once. Please remove the cards that you don't use with PayPal anymore.