My payment is on hold. Why is this happening?
Why is my payment on hold?
Your payment may be on hold because:
- The payment you received may be considered unusual for your selling pattern
- Your account was inactive for a while
- We found an unusual change in selling price of this transaction
- You’re selling an item that can potentially cause dissatisfaction with customers
- We noticed you only recently started selling outside of eBay, so your history with us as an off-eBay seller is quite short.
Delaying funds availability is a common industry practice we implement to help ensure the safe and secure use of PayPal by both buyers and sellers. We do this to ensure there is enough money in your PayPal account to resolve any issues that may arise with your account such as chargebacks or disputes. The money still belongs to you. It’s just temporarily not available to use, until your buyer has received the item they ordered in the condition promised.
When will I have access to my money?
If there aren't any issues with your transaction, such as a customer filing a dispute, the payment will become available within 21 days.
How can I get access to my money faster?
You can help to release the eligible payments by following one of the below steps:
- Add Tracking. Use one of our approved shipping carriers and we’ll release the hold 1 day after the courier confirmed delivery.
- Update the order status if the held payment is for a service or intangible item (e.g. piano lessons, e-book) and you'll get your money in 7 days.
Here’s how to add tracking information or change the order status:
- Go to your Activity.
- Find the transaction you would like to update, then click Get your money.
- If you sold a product, select Product to add tracking information or print shipping label directly.
- If you sold an intangible item or service, select Service or virtual product to confirm order status.
- Click Submit.