If you've forgotten your PayPal password but you remember your email address, here's how to regain access to your account:
- Go to the password reset page.
- Enter the email address that you registered on your PayPal account, and click Next.
- Select your preferred option to confirm your account ownership, and click Next.
- If you choose to Receive an email, enter the 6-digit security code we email to you and click Continue. We may ask you to confirm your card number.
- If you choose to Answer your security questions, enter your answers and click Confirm. We may ask you to confirm your card number.
- You may also be given the option to Confirm through Facebook Messenger. If you choose to use this method, click Send Code, enter the 6-digit security code we send to your Messenger and click Confirm.
- Create a new password.
If you call to reset your password, we'll give you a 5-digit code and send you an email. Please click the link in the email and enter the 5-digit code. Then you’ll be able to create a new password and select 2 security questions for your account.
Tip: Your PayPal password should be 8-20 characters long and include at least one number or symbol (like !@#$%^).