How do I send a payment through PayPal?
You can send a payment using the recipient's email address or via PayPal.Me. The transaction will be funded by your available PayPal balance, or a credit or debit card linked to your PayPal account.
Pay using recipient's email address
Here's how to send a payment from your PayPal account:
- Go to Send & Request.
- Depending on your payment type, click Pay for goods or services or Send money to friends and family.
- Enter the recipient's email address, and click Next.
- Enter the amount you want to send, and click Continue.
- Review your payment information and click Send Payment Now.
On the payment page, your payment will be set in the default currency of your recipient’s country or region. If you have an agreement with the recipient, you’re able to change it to other currency.
After the payment is sent, your recipient will receive a notification email. If they don’t have a PayPal account, they can follow the instructions in the email to sign up for an account and accept your payment.
Pay with PayPal.Me
You can also try PayPal.Me, our new, hassle-free way to pay and get paid. If the person you're paying has a PayPal.Me link, they can share the link with you and let you pay them easily through PayPal. Learn more about how PayPal.Me works.
Useful tip: Preferred way to pay
You can select a debit or credit card as your preferred funding source, and we'll use it when you shop online or send a payment for goods or services. If you don't set any preference, your PayPal balance (if available) will be your default way to pay.
Here's how to set your preference:
- Go to your Settings.
- Click Payments.
- Click Change next to "Online purchases."
- Select your preferred card, and click Confirm.
You were logged out to help protect your account.