Why can't I send money through PayPal with my credit card?
These could be some of the reasons why you weren't able to make a PayPal payment using your credit card:
- Your card issuer might be having technical issues that prevent us from requesting an authorisation on your card.
- Your card issuer might block the payment for security reason as it doesn’t fit your regular spending pattern.
- Your card isn't activated for online payments.
- You might have reached the sending limit of your card.
- The network you’re using to make the payment is not secure or unstable.
To make your payment successfully, you may want to:
- Try using a different card to make your payment again.
- Contact your card issuer to check if your card is valid, and can be used to make online payments, or if there's any recent technical issue or restriction on your card.
- Use a secure network to make your payment.
If you’ve tried these suggested solutions and your payment still won’t go through, please contact us for further assistance.
Other ways to pay
Alternatively, you can add a US or Hong Kong bank account and use it to fund your payment. Here's what you can do:
- If there's a US bank account, you can select it as your payment method when making the payment. Please make sure to confirm this US bank account first.
- If there's a local bank account, you need to top up your PayPal account and then pay with your PayPal balance.
You were logged out to help protect your account.