Why do I have balance owed to PayPal account?
Your PayPal balance could be negative because:
- You tried to make a payment using your bank account, but your bank was having technical problems or there wasn’t enough money in your account to cover the payment.
- A refund was issued on your behalf to cover a buyer complaint.
- A payment that wasn't eligible for Seller Protection was reversed.
- An unauthorised payment was made from your PayPal account.
- You withdrew the money before a dispute. The money will be released back into your account balance once the dispute is resolved in your favour.
You can also view your recent payments in your Activity. A quick review may show you why you have an amount owing to us.