I'm not receiving the SMS or text to confirm my identity. What should I do?
If you are not receiving a text from us, you may want to try re-adding your phone number to your account. If you have more than one phone number added to your PayPal account, you can select the phone number you would like to receive the text. If you no longer have the phone number listed on your PayPal account, add your current number.
Here’s how to add, change or remove a phone number on the PayPal website:
- Go to your Settings.
- In the Phone Numbers section:
- Click + Add New to add a new phone number. Enter the details then click Add phone number. (Remember to confirm it).
- To edit your phone number, click Change next to the number. Make your edits, then click Update Number.
- To remove a phone number, click Remove beside the number. (You can only remove a phone number if you have at least two added to your PayPal account.)
To add, change or remove a phone number in the app:
- Tap the Profile Icon.
- Tap Account Info.
- Tap Phone Numbers.
- To add a new phone number, tap + Add a phone number, enter the number, and tap Add.
- To edit a phone number, tap the number, make your edits, then tap Update.
- To remove a phone number, tap the number, scroll down, and tap Remove. (You can only remove a phone number if you have at least two added to your PayPal account.)
If you're not receiving texts from us after re-adding your phone number, contact your mobile phone carrier and ask them to turn on short-code text messaging. Depending on the transaction/activity, we will send you one of two texts. We may send you a text asking you to confirm your activity (by replying 1 for yes or 2 for no) or we will send a text with a 6-digit code that you will need to enter on the screen. The code is in the body of the text and not the 725-729 from PayPal number.
This code expires after 5-10 minutes. If you missed the time frame, click Resend if the option is available or click Try another way.