Help Center answers
How do I send money?
With PayPal, you can make payments to anyone with an email address.
Here’s how to make a payment:
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Click Send Money.
- Enter the recipient’s email address and the amount you want to pay.
- Make your selection accordingly, then choose the reason for the payment.
- Click Continue.
- Review the amount, the payment method, and shipping address.
- Add a message (if you want to), then click Send Money.
We’ll send the recipient an email to let them know that you have made a payment to them. If they don’t have a PayPal account, we explain how to sign up for one. PayPal members must confirm their email address before the money will be credited to their PayPal account.
When you make a payment, we use your PayPal balance first. If you don’t have enough money in your PayPal balance, we’ll use the payment method you select.