Help Center answers
What are the payment types when I send money?
The payment types for a purchase are:
- Services: to pay for things like your internet service.
- Goods: to pay for non-eBay goods.
- eBay Items: to pay for your eBay purchases.
- Gift: to send money as a gift, like for a birthday.
- Payment Owed: to pay your friend back for your share of a dinner bill, or other item that your friend paid for you.
- Living Expense: to pay for things like rent or utilities.
- Other: for other reasons that are not a purchase of good or services.
Note: Unfortunately, we’ve had to stop allowing personal payments to be sent to and from India. If you’re sending money for a personal payment to India, we ask that you find another way to pay until we’re able to restore personal payments to this area.