Help Center answers
How do I confirm my email address?
Here's how to confirm your email address:
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Click Profile near the top of the page.
- Click Update next to Email.
- Choose an email address and click Confirm. We’ll send an email to that address.
- Open the email, and click the link to confirm your address. You will automatically return to the PayPal site where you will be asked to enter your password.
If the link doesn’t work, there’s another way to confirm your email address.
To request a confirmation code by mail:
- Log in to your account.
- Click Security Center at the top of the page.
- Click How we help protect sellers under Selling Safely.
- Click confirmed address.
- Click visit Alternate Address Confirmation.
- Select the address where we should send the confirmation code, or click Add a New Address.
- Follow the instructions.
When you receive the code in the mail, log in to your PayPal account and click Confirm address in the Activate Account box. Then enter your code.
After confirming your email address, you can accept payments, but you still need to link a bank account or link a credit card to your PayPal account before you can pay for things. When you pay for things with PayPal, the money will come from these accounts if your PayPal balance is not enough to cover the purchase.