Help Center answers
You can send money using your PayPal balance1 or from your linked debit or credit card.
Money is then transferred to your recipient’s PayPal balance. If recipients don’t have a PayPal account, they can open one and claim their money. All unclaimed payments are automatically cancelled after 30 days.
- Do I send money to ‘friends or family’ or for ‘goods or services’?
- Use Friends or Family to send money as a gift, pay back a friend, pay for living expenses, or to make other payments not involving goods or services.
- Use Goods or Services to pay for non-eBay goods or professional services. For eBay goods, we recommend using the eBay app.
- Are there any fees associated with sending money?
- In many countries, there’s no cost to send money domestically from your PayPal balance. If you use a debit or credit card, there is a transaction fee. International transactions also have fees.
- You pay no transaction fees when sending money or making payments for goods or services. However, the recipient is assessed a transaction fee when receiving payments regardless of how you pay.
To see fees for your country, please check the PayPal website.
1 Sending money from your PayPal balance is only available in certain countries. Please check the PayPal website.