Help Center answers
How do I send money?
With PayPal, you can send money to anyone with an email address.
Here’s how to send money:
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Click Send Money.
- Enter the recipient’s email address and the amount you want to send.
- Select Purchase or Personal, then choose the reason for the payment.
- Click Continue.
- Review the amount, the payment method, and shipping address.
- Add a message (if you want to), then click Send Money.
We’ll send the recipient an email to let them know that you sent them money. If they don’t have a PayPal account, we explain how to sign up for one. PayPal members must confirm their email address before the money will be credited to their PayPal account.
When you send money, we use your PayPal balance first. If you don’t have enough money in your PayPal balance, we’ll use the payment method you select.