Help Center answers
How do I report a fake PayPal email or website?
If you think you received a fake PayPal email or have come across a fake PayPal website, please report it to us immediately.
To report a fake email:
- Forward the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do not change the subject line and do not send the message as an attachment.
- Delete the email from your inbox.
To report a fake website:
- Go to www.paypal.com and click Security near the bottom of the page.
- Click Report a problem under "Helpful Security Links."
- Click the Report Suspicious Activity tab.
- Click Report a Spoof Website and follow the link in the text.
Visit the PayPal Security Center for information and tools to help protect your identity and avoid fraud.