Help Center answers
How do I remove a credit card or debit card from my PayPal account?
Here's how to remove a credit card:
- Log in to your account.
- Click Profile near the top of the page.
- Click Credit Cards under Financial Information.
- Select the credit card to remove and click Remove.
A few things to keep in mind:
- You cannot remove a card if you have a pending transaction or if your card was the backup payment method for a recent instant bank payment. Wait a few days and try again.
- You may not be able to remove your card if you have a negative balance in your PayPal account. In this situation, you must bring your balance to zero or higher to remove your card.
- If you remove your only card and have a confirmed bank account, you’ll no longer be able to make instant bank payments. Instead they’ll be sent as eChecks, which take 3 to 4 working days to process.