Help Center answers
How do I open a dispute?
If you’re disputing an eBay item, go to the eBay Resolution Center. Otherwise, here’s how to open a dispute in the PayPal Resolution Center:
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Click Resolution Center.
- Click Dispute a Transaction.
- Click Item Dispute and then click Continue.
- Click Select Transaction ID.
- Change the dates to find the transaction you want to dispute.
- Click the Transaction ID associated with the payment.
- Click Continue, and then follow the instructions.
After opening a dispute, pay close attention to the dispute timelines.
- Disputes automatically close after 20 calendar days.
- You have 20 calendar days to resolve the dispute or escalate it to a PayPal claim.