Help Center answers
What should I do if my balance is negative?
When your account balance is negative, we suggest that you review your recent activity to find out why.
- If your account balance is negative because of insufficient funds, please add funds to your account as soon as possible.
- If you suspect unauthorized activity on your account, please report it immediately through the Resolution Center.
To resolve your negative balance, please choose from the following options:
- Top up your PayPal account with funds from your credit card by calling our Collection Department.
- Top up your PayPal account with funds from your credit card.
- Add funds to your PayPal account by mailing us a cashier’s check that can be cashed in any U.S. bank.
- If you have a bank account in the U.S. you can also top up with funds from your U.S. bank account.
To top up using your credit card, call our Collection Department line on +44 208 6100 150 - please note that this is an English speaking line.
Here is how to top up with your Visa or Isracard:
- Go to www.paypal.co.il and log into your account.
- Click Resolve Negative Balance in your account Overview.
- Choose Add funds using your debit or credit card.
- Click Continue and follow the instructions.
Here is how to send us a cashier’s check:
- Consult your local bank to ensure your cashier’s check can be cashed in a U.S. bank.
- Write the amount of the cashier’s check in U.S. Dollars.
- Write your PayPal email address on the check’s stub and post it to:
P.O. Box 45950
Omaha, NE 68145-0950
After we get the check in our U.S. office, it takes 7 business days until the money is added to your PayPal balance.
Here’s how to add money to your PayPal account using your U.S. bank account:
- Go to www.paypal.co.il and log in to your account.
- Click Add Funds near the top of the page.
- Click Transfer Funds From a Bank Account in the United States.
- Enter the amount and click Continue.
- Review your payment details and click Send.
Allow 3 to 5 business days for the funds to appear in your account.