Help Centre answers
What is PayPal Buyer Protection?
If you bought something on eBay but didn't receive it or you received something that's significantly not as described, PayPal Buyer Protection can help.
PayPal Buyer Protection covers eligible transactions for the full purchase price plus original shipping charges. Some purchases - like vehicles in the Motors category, capital equipment in the Business & Industrial category, and Real Estate -- aren't eligible for PayPal Buyer Protection.
To qualify for PayPal Buyer Protection:
- Use PayPal to buy an eligible item on eBay.
- Pay for the item with one payment. Items purchased with multiple payments aren't eligible.
- Send your payment by clicking the Pay For It button on the eBay invoice or by clicking the Pay Now button on the eBay item page.
- Let the seller know there's a problem with the transaction by opening a dispute in the Resolution Centre within 45 days of making your payment. Then, escalate the dispute to a claim within 20 days of the date you opened the dispute.
- Keep your PayPal account in good standing.
You can report your problem in the PayPal Resolution Centre or the eBay Resolution Centre. Either way, you’ll receive the same coverage.
To find out how to report a problem on eBay, go to eBay and click "Resolution Centre" at the bottom of any page.