Help Centre answers
What are my payment and funding options when I use my PayPal account?
If your PayPal balance isn’t enough to cover a payment, you can choose how you want to pay. You can pay directly from your bank account or with your debit or credit card.
Adding money to your PayPal balance
To add money to your PayPal balance, you can link your bank account. If you do online banking, you can usually link your bank account and your PayPal account in a few minutes. (If you don’t do online banking, it only takes a few days to link accounts.)
To add funds,
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Click Add Funds at the top of the page.
- Click Add Funds from a US bank account.
- Choose the bank account you want to take funds from.
- Enter the amount to transfer and click Continue.
- Review the transfer details and then click Submit.
When you pay for something, the first thing we’ll do is check your PayPal balance to see if you have enough to cover the payment. If you do, we’ll use your balance to make the payment. If you don’t have money in your balance, you can choose to pay directly from your bank account or your debit or credit card.
To make sure you’re using the payment method you want, click More Funding Options or Change before you send your payment.
- An instant transfer is an immediate transfer from your bank account.
- You must have linked a credit card and bank account to your PayPal account.
- An eCheque takes three to four working days to complete.
- The date we expect the payment to clear can be found on the Transaction Details page.