How do I integrate Checkout with Magento Community Edition 1.7.x-1.9x?
The Magento 1 platform is deprecated as of June 30, 2020. For new integrations, please see Magento Commerce 2.When you integrate Checkout with Magento Community Edition, your customers are transferred to PayPal, where they enter their payment information. All credit card and PayPal transactions take place on a PayPal checkout page. Once payment is approved, customers are sent back to your site to choose their shipping options and complete the transaction.
Note: To determine the version of Magento you have, log in to your Magento admin panel and scroll to the bottom of the page where your version will be referenced in the footer.
Here's how to integrate Magento Community Edition 1.7.x-1.9x with PayPal's Express Checkout:
- Log in to your Magento admin panel.
- Select System > Configuration.
- Click Payment Methods under Sales in the Configuration column.
- Select Merchant Country then the country where your business is located (in the Merchant Location section).
- Click Configure in the PayPal Express Checkout section.
- Configure the settings in the Required PayPal Settings section:
Under Express Checkout:
- Email Address associated with your PayPal merchant account - Type your email address.
- API Authentication Methods - Select API Signature.
- Get Credentials from PayPal - Click the button and a pop-up window appears. Log in to your PayPal account to display the API username, password, and signature. Copy and paste those credentials into their respective fields.
- Sandbox Mode - Select No.
- API Uses Proxy - Select No.
- Enable this Solution - Select Yes.
Under Basic Settings - PayPal Express Checkout:
- Title - Enter a title for this payment action.
- Sort Order - Set to 0.
- Payment Action - Select Authorization or Sale.
- Shortcut on Shopping Cart - Select Yes or No.
- Shortcut on Product View - Select Yes or No.
Click Advanced Settings if the following fields aren't displayed. (These fields are optional. You can change the value in each field by selecting from the drop-down menu.)
- Payment Applicable From - All Allowed Countries is the default.
- Debug Mode - No is the default.
- Enable SSL verification - No is the default.
- Transfer Cart Line Items - Yes is the default.
- Transfer Shipping Options - No is the default.
- Enable PayPal Guest Checkout - No is the default. Set to Yes to allow the use of PayPal as a Guest (no PayPal account needed using Debit/Credit)
- Click Save Config.
For complete information on integrating Express Checkout with your Magento shopping cart, see their instructions on Setting up PayPal Checkout.
Need help with account setup in the US and Canada?
Please call 866.775.7512
Magento 1 End of Life Announcement
Magento 1 End of Life Partners
Getting Started with Magento Open Source 1.9.x
Magento Documentation and Resources
Was this article helpful?