My payment is on hold. Why is this happening?
If your payment is on hold or not available right away, we’ll notify you via email.
If your hold was placed by eBay, you'll need to contact eBay for more information.
Why is the money in my pending balance rather than in my available balance?
Your payment may be placed on hold in your pending PayPal balance because:
- The payment you received may be considered unusual for your selling pattern
- Your account was inactive for a while
- We found an unusual change in selling price of this transaction
- You’re selling an item that can potentially cause dissatisfaction with customers
- We noticed you only recently started selling outside of eBay, so your history with us as an off-eBay seller is quite short.
Delaying funds availability is a common industry practice we implement to help ensure the safe and secure use of PayPal by both buyers and sellers. By placing your money in your pending balance, we can ensure there is enough money in your PayPal account to resolve any issues that may arise with your account such as chargebacks or disputes. The money still belongs to you. It’s just temporarily not available to use, until your buyer has received the item they ordered in the condition promised.
When will I have access to my funds?
If there aren't any issues with your transaction, such as a customer filing a dispute, the payment will move to your available balance with 21 days of receipt.
How can I get access to my funds faster?
If you are experiencing delayed funds availability, here are some shipping tips that may help make your payment available sooner:
- If you provide tracking information (UPS, USPS, or FedEx) and we can confirm delivery, your payment should be available one day after we can confirm the delivery date.
- Pending payments are generally released one day after we can confirm delivery, but sometimes the delivery information takes a bit longer to update. Please note that pending payments can’t be released before you meet these requirements.
- Buyers can also confirm that they have received the item, which will release the payment immediately.
- If you fulfill the order, but don’t provide any shipping information, your payment should be available after 21 days, as long as your buyer doesn’t report any issues with the transaction.
- List successfully by including clear photos with detailed, accurate descriptions of items
- Be clear about shipping and handling time, costs and methods
- Ship promptly
- Upload tracking
- Define your return policy upfront
- Communicate with your buyers and respond to inquiries quickly and in a professional manner
- Review all communications from PayPal