The global marketplace is growing
While U.S. e-commerce growth is slowing, other markets are accelerating at a much faster pace:
- Europe spent approximately $94.4 billion shopping online in 2006, a figure expected to rise by 113.2% to 201.3 billion in 2009.1
- Asia and Latin America are just starting to reach a critical mass of online shoppers and sales.
- 95% of the world’s consumers live outside of the U.S.2
- S&P 500 companies get 49% of their sales from outside the U.S.3
Accepting international payments can help your business:
- Increase sales and gain global market share
- Diversify and reduce dependence on local markets
- Stabilize seasonal market fluctuations
Learn more about going global with the PayPal guide to selling overseas.
See why PayPal is the safer, easier way to sell overseas.
Every PayPal account type allows you to accept international payments.
Sign up now