Sell with confidence
If your customers don’t receive their goods or claim the transaction was unauthorized, we can help you get covered for the full amount of the payments. Our updated Seller Protection covers physical objects as well as Tickets, Services and Travel.
There’s no charge for this service, and our Seller Protection applies to your eligible PayPal transactions.
Don’t have PayPal account yet ?
Sign Up Now
A buyer asks for a refund after declaring that a purchase was made without their consent, be it for objects or services? If your transaction is eligible, our Seller Protection can help you get the full amount of the payment.
Item not received
A buyer pays for an item, claims they never received it and then files for a refund whether it’s physical objects or services? If your transaction is eligible, our Seller Protection can help you get the full amount of the payment.
We’ve added a safety net to protect you against unauthorized payments, reversals due to suspicion of fraud and claims for item not received.
Sell around the globe
PayPal Seller Protection can cover your international sales. We process and convert 25 currencies from more than 200 markets, to make selling simpler and more secure.
Keep more profits
Focus on making your business grow, knowing that your eligible sales, whether physical or intangibles, can be protected.
1. If a buyer files a claim, or in case of a chargeback or a payment reversal, we may place a temporary hold on the funds.
2. We’ll ask you to provide information including proof of shipment or proof of delivery within the time frame communicated, (usually 7-10 days).
3. You’ll be able to access the money as soon as we have ascertained that your transaction is eligible.
What can our Seller Protection cover?
- Tangible goods (clothes, toys, electronics, car parts etc.)
- NEW! Services (yoga classes, website design etc.)
- NEW! Tickets (concerts, shows, sport events etc.)
- NEW! Travel (trip reservations, flight or hotel booking etc.)
What can’t be covered by PayPal Seller Protection?
- Items that you deliver (or are picked up) in person
- Digital goods (music, computer game downloads and licenses for digital content).
- Claims or chargebacks arising from items being significantly different to how you described them.
- Payments not made through PayPal.
Check your shipping
Make sure you are shipping the item to the address in the transaction details and keep the proof of shipment.
Keep the proofs of transaction
For ticketing, travel and services, in case of a dispute we may ask you for any relevant proof of delivery documents or evidence of use of the service.
If we request documentation or other relevant information we ask that you respond promptly, typically within 10 business days.
Make sure it is eligible
The payment must be marked ‘eligible’ or ‘partially eligible’ on the Transactions Details Page.
If a customer doesn’t receive their goods or claims the transaction was unauthorized, we can help you get covered for the full amount of the payment.
We monitor transactions 24/7 to help you reduce fraud.
Our advanced encryption helps to keep your online transactions heavily guarded from start to finish.
If there’s a claim on a transaction, we’ll investigate and keep you informed.