What is proof of shipment?
Proof of Delivery is online documentation from a shipping company that includes all of the following:
- The item’s status as delivered.
- The date the item was delivered.
- The recipient's address, showing at least the city and state, or city and country, or zip/postal code (or international equivalent). The address information on your shipping receipt must match the address on the Transaction Details page.
- Signature Confirmation, if the full amount of the payment (including shipping and taxes) is $750 USD or more. This is documentation that can be viewed at the shipping company’s website and indicates that the item was signed for on delivery.
Examples of proof of shipping include:
- A copy of the shipping receipt that includes the delivery address.
- A shipping code PayPal can use online to view the shipping status and delivery address. You can get this from DHL, FedEx, and other carriers.
- A receipt issued by the carrier, signed by the recipient acknowledging delivery.