How do I send money?
With PayPal, you can make a payment to someone's email address.
Here's how to pay using our website:
- Go to Send and Request.
- Enter the recipient's name, PayPal username, email address, or mobile number and click Next.
- Enter the amount, choose the currency, add an (optional) note and click Continue.
- If available, choose your payment type.
- Choose how you want to pay and click Next.
- Review the information and click Send Payment Now.
To send money on the app:
- Enter the recipient's information: Name, @username, email, or mobile.
- Enter the amount, choose the currency, add an (optional) note, and tap Next.
- Select your payment method, review your information, and tap Send.
After the payment is sent, your recipient will receive an email notification. If the recipient doesn’t have a PayPal account, we'll explain how to sign up for one. New PayPal members must confirm their email address and complete any required identity confirmation before they can accept your payment.
- Choose “Paying for an item or service” when you buy goods or services. The seller will pay a small fee to receive your money.
- Choose “Sending to a friend” when sending money to a friend or family member. There may be a small charge to you depending on how you pay or if it's an international payment. This payment type will only be available for payments sent to Personal PayPal accounts. Business accounts won't be able to receive these payment types.
- Once you send money, you won’t be able to cancel or reverse the payment. If you make a mistake, including sending the wrong amount or selecting the wrong payment type ("Sending to a friend" versus "Paying for an item or service"), you'll need to contact the recipient to request a refund. The recipient can only issue a refund using our website. If you selected "Paying for an item or service" but are sending money to a friend or family member, you'll need to confirm receipt of the item before the recipient can issue a refund to you.
For more information, see our User Agreement.