PayPal Shops Policy
Last Update: Mar 08, 2007
The terms below apply specifically to use of the PayPal Shops feature, which enables Users to display information about their website to other Users through the www.paypal.com website.
1. Accuracy of website registration information.
All information you provide at the time of PayPal Shops registration must be truthful, including the website's title, description, category, and all other requested information. If any change occurs in your PayPal Shops registration information, you must promptly update the information through the PayPal website. Failure to comply will result in the removal of any mention of your website from the PayPal website, and may result in permanent ineligibility from registering a website with PayPal. Provision of deceptive information may result in the locking or closing of your PayPal account. You grant PayPal the right to access your site through manual observation or automated "spidering" or other automated search techniques in order to confirm the accuracy of your registration information. PayPal is under no obligation to monitor the accuracy of your site.
- U.S. Users. U.S. Users who meet the following conditions are eligible to register a website in PayPal Shops:
- The User has a Verified Premier or Business
- The User maintains a registered credit card with their PayPal account.
- The User has opened a PayPal Money Market Fund account.
- Canadian Users. Canadian Users who meet the following conditions are eligible to register a website in PayPal Shops:
- The User has a Verified Premier or Business Account.
- The User has been in the PayPal system for no less than 90 days.
- The User has a Seller Reputation Number of at least 10.
- Non-U.S. or Canadian Users. Users outside the U.S. and Canada may not register a new Shop for PayPal Shops. Users with existing Shops may continue to have their Shop listed and should contact customer service to make modifications to their Shop.
- Website must accept PayPal payments. This website must accept PayPal payments. If an investigation of your website shows that it does not accept PayPal payments, it may be removed from the PayPal Shops Directory. You may re-register your website for PayPal Shops when it accepts PayPal payments.
- Other. By registering for PayPal Shops, you grant PayPal the right to run a credit check on you or your business at any time. PayPal reserves the right to remove the listing of any website from the PayPal Shops directory at any time, for any reason.
3. License to Use Your Information.
4. No Endorsement.
PayPal's presentation of website registration information is not an endorsement of the website or of any goods or services offered on the website. Any attempt to state or imply PayPal's endorsement of your goods or services constitutes grounds for immediate termination of your participation in PayPal Shops.
5. No Illegal Websites or Websites which violate the PayPal Acceptable Use Policy.
You may not register a website that promotes or facilitates illegal actions, including but not limited to the sale of goods or services that infringe on the intellectual property of a third party. You also may not register a website that violates the rules outlined in the PayPal Acceptable Use Policy. Any such registration constitutes ground for immediate termination of your participation in PayPal Shops and immediate closure of your PayPal account. All such actions may also violate your Wells Fargo requirements and/or MasterCard/VISA regulations or policy and as such constitute grounds for termination of your card accounts with these organizations. Such termination may result in you being prohibited against registering a new account with any MasterCard or VISA acquiring Bank.
6. Shopping at Websites Registered with PayPal.
Website registration information is provided by the owner of the website, and PayPal is not responsible for any errors or misrepresentations in such information. PayPal specifically disclaims all warranties with respect to website registration information, including but not limited to the warranty of merchantability and the warranty of accuracy of informational content. PayPal does not guarantee any level of security in shopping at third-party websites registered with PayPal, nor does PayPal guarantee the quality of goods or services offered on these websites. For more information on security in Web shopping, please visit our Security Tips page.
Placement in PayPal Shops is currently free. Fees may be introduced in the future, but no changes will be made without first notifying you.