Safety Centre: Law Enforcement
As the world’s leading e-commerce company, eBay Inc.’s global portfolio of businesses enables hundreds of millions of people to buy, sell and pay online. eBay Inc established a Global Asset Protection (GAP) team to promote the safe use of its platforms and to collaborate with local, federal and international law enforcement in apprehending and prosecuting criminals.
Resources for Law Enforcement Investigations
Law Enforcement officers in Switzerland seeking assistance and records for investigations relating to PayPal may contact the GAP team for assistance.
Resources available to law enforcement officials only are:
- PayPal data requests coming from Swiss judges, Police or government agencies, can be submitted through https://lers.corp.ebay.com
- For general information, please contact eBayUeberwachung@ebay.de. Please note that this service is dedicated to Law Enforcement officers only and inquiries from customers won’t be processed.
- Download the eBay guide
- Download the PayPal guide
Save Time in Your Investigation
The following tips are for law enforcement agencies to assist in your investigation:
- Search for active listings using search string or specific item number:
- Lets you search by nearest zip code using search options on left hand column.
- Search by seller ID for all active/completed sales, dating back 30 days:
- Generally provides you with the seller's state of residence.
- Feedback Profile reflects comments made by other users regarding prior transactions.
- Create your own Favourite Searches
- eBay listings remain visible on the site for about 90 days after closing, searchable by specific item number.
- For a comprehensive guide/presentation on how to use the Advanced Search tool, please click here.