PayPal Account Types
Why Use PayPal?
- Faster than sending checks or money orders
- Industry-leading fraud prevention helps keep you safe
- Financial information is kept private and secure
- eBay Tools and Merchant Services are free to use
- Accepted on eBay and merchant websites
- Payments can be made locally or in 203 countries and regions worldwide
Signing up for a PayPal account is free and there's no charge to send money. PayPal's low transaction fees are applied when Premier and Business Account holders receive money.
Choose the Right PayPal Account for You
- Personal AccountIdeal if you shop online. Make secure payments on eBay and merchant websites using your credit card.
- Premier AccountPerfect for both buying and selling. Make secure payments on eBay and merchant websites. Plus, accept credit card payments for low fees.
- Business AccountThe right choice for your online business. Accept credit card payments for low fees.
Compare PayPal Account Types
|24-hour fraud surveillance|
|Accept credit or debit cards|
PayPal allows members to have not more than one Personal account or Premier account and one Business account. However, each PayPal account must contain unique email addresses and financial information. You may upgrade your account at any time.