Direct Payment API Introduction
By integrating Direct Payment API with Express Checkout, as part of the Website Payments Pro solution, you can accept all major payment types, including PayPal, while working with a single provider that processes and manages all your online payments for you.
Direct Payment API is:
- Direct Payment API lets you design and host your own checkout pages
- You keep your customers on your site instead of having them pay on PayPal; PayPal remains invisible
- PayPal authorizes transactions in a real-time process
Easy to implement
- Direct Payment API is already integrated with many leading shopping carts
- The API is built using the Name-Value Pair infrastructure, an industry standard that utilizes web services
- PayPal's SDK toolkit lets you easily integrate the PayPal API into your website
- Transactions are sent over the internet using Secure Socket Layer (SSL)
- Direct Payment API lets you flag potentially fraudulent transactions, and provides you with industry-standard AVS and CVV2 responses for each transaction
- You use an API certificate, provided by PayPal, to make calls to the API through a secure connection
How it works
For each payment, Direct Payment API takes the billing address, transaction amount, credit card information, and item information as inputs. Within seconds, the API returns a confirmation that the transaction has been processed.