Terms and Conditions
Return Shipping on Us
These Terms and Conditions of Use (the "Terms") describe the terms and conditions under which PayPal makes available to its users the Return Shipping on Us service (the “Return Shipping on Us service” or "Service"). The Service is exclusively reserved, at no additional cost, to PayPal account holders who have activated the Service by logging in with their PayPal account on the Return Shipping on Us service website. By logging in with their PayPal account to register for the Service, a user ("You" and “Your”) expressly acknowledges and accepts to be bound by these Terms. The Terms constitute a contract between You and PayPal and apply to Your use of the Service.
These Terms replace any previous version which You may have received or to which You assented.
You may return items using the Return Shipping on Us service if the following conditions are met:
- You must pay for Your online purchase using Your PayPal account;
- You must hold a PayPal Canada account in good standing;
- You must initiate Your return within the return period and in accordance with the return conditions authorized by the seller or merchant; and
- The items You wish to return must have been paid for in their entirety using Your PayPal account.
- You must submit a refund request of the shipping costs (the "refund request”) related to that return within thirty (30) days of mailing the returned item.
- You will have thirty (30) days to submit a refund request from the date on which You return Your item.
In the event of misappropriation or fraudulent use of the Return Shipping on Us service, PayPal reserves the right to restrict the Service eligibility.
The Service does not apply to:
- costs associated with loss, theft, or damage to the item when it is returned; or
- purchases made in violation of the PayPal User Agreement or PayPal Acceptable Use Policy; or
- made in violation of the PayPal Canada User Agreement or PayPal Acceptable Use Policy;
- of immaterial or intangible goods and coupons purchases, and licenses for digital content and services;
- of items for which the return by post regular mail, courier or any other regular shipping options or services is already paid for by the seller or merchant;
- of cash, traveler's cheques, tickets, credit or debit cards, or any other negotiable instrument;
- of items that cannot be returned in accordance with the seller or merchant's general conditions of sale, e.g. the seller or merchant's authorized deadline for returns has passed;
- of items which are paid for wholly or partially in cash or any payment method other than PayPal (only the return costs for items paid for entirely with PayPal may be refunded under the Return Shipping on Us service); and
- made more than one hundred and fifty (150) days prior to submission of the refund request.
No. The Return Shipping on Us service applies when a free return shipping or return shipping refund service is not offered by the seller or merchant from whom You made Your purchase. If the seller or merchant from whom You made Your purchase offers a free return shipping or return shipping refund service by regular postal mail, courier, or any other return shipping options or services, You must use that service.
You are eligible to receive up to twelve (12) refunds in a given calendar year (e.g. the year ending December 31), and can receive up to $30 CAD per return. All refund requests must be filed during the duration of the Service.
Three (3) refunds are allowed per PayPal transaction ID. If You return several items from the same transaction at three different times, that will be considered as three returns, which will be subject to the applicable refund cap.
You are eligible to receive up to 12 refunds in a given calendar year (e.g., the year ending December 31). All refund requests must be filed during the duration of the Service.
For any questions about the Return Shipping on Us service, You can send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
No. You pay no fees or deductible to use this Service. However, You must meet the eligibility requirements to use the Service.
Login to Your PayPal account, select the purchase You returned and click on “request return shipping refund”. Submit the return shipping refund request form, along with proof of Your return within thirty (30) days of when You returned the item (that’s the max!). If Your claim is approved, Your refund will appear in Your PayPal account in approximately ten (10) days.
Once You submit Your refund request, we will review it for completeness. If any document is missing from Your file, we will contact You at Your PayPal email address identifying the missing document(s), and You will have an additional fourteen (14) days to submit the missing document(s) from the date we contact You.
Please review the refund request form carefully and complete all fields when You submit a refund request. In addition to the completed refund request form, which You will find in your PayPal Account Activity You will need to provide evidence of the return shipping costs You have incurred, as follows:
Details of Your return including date shipped, cost to ship, reason for return and items returned.Proof of Your return including the following documents:
- If You paid the return shipping costs to the post office or a courier service, You must provide:
- The receipt from the post office or courier service; and
- Proof that the purchased item was returned to the seller.If this information is not included on the original return shipping receipt, please provide a photo of the return package with the seller’s address visible.
- If the return shipping costs were deducted from the purchase refund of Your item, You must provide:
- Proof showing the initial price of the item returned; and
- Proof showing the amount of the refund (e.g., the email message that acknowledges receipt of the return, or the PayPal email confirming the refund of Your item).
Copies or a scanned version of the original documents are acceptable only if the required information is clearly legible. Pictures are acceptable. In all cases, please be sure to keep the original documents, since You may be asked to provide them during the process of verification of Your refund request if the copies provided are not legible.
If Your refund request is accepted, You will receive the corresponding funds directly into Your PayPal account within approximately five (5) business days of the date You receive notice that we have approved Your refund request. All refunds will be made in Canadian dollars.
You will be kept informed at every stage of the processing of Your request by email:
- Confirmation of receipt of Your refund request will be sent on the same day or the first business day after You submit Your request (if it was received after 1 PM EST time or on a non-business day);
- Notice of approval or rejection of Your refund request will be sent five (5) business days from the receipt of Your complete file; and
- Notice of any additional documentation we need from You will be sent within five (5) business days from the day You submit Your request and You will then have fourteen (14) days to provide missing documentation;
- Refund will be issued five (5) business days from notice of approval of Your refund request.