All in one secure place.
All your money is secured and accounted for behind one account. We help protect buyers, sellers, businesses, and all types of online payments. Spend and receive money across the globe. We’ve got your back while you do.
If an eligible item that you've purchased online doesn't arrive or doesn't match the seller's description, we'll look into it. If it's discovered that something is wrong, our Purchase Protection program will reimburse you for the full purchase price of the item plus shipping costs.
For more information, see our User Agreement
You got charged for something you didn’t buy, you bought a book but got a DVD, the item was described as new but you got something that was used, you purchased 3 items but only got 2, the item was damaged during shipping, the item is missing major parts (that the seller didn’t disclose), the item never arrived, or you purchased an authentic brand but got a knockoff instead. Let us know right away and we’ll help you resolve it.
Eligible items must be tangible goods. You must pay for it using your PayPal account, and your account must be in good standing. You must also pay for the item with one payment.
Items Not Covered
The following items are not covered:
- Intangible items like digital goods or services
- Real estate
- Motorized vehicles (of any kind)
- Custom-made items
- Travel tickets
- Industrial machinery (for manufacturing)
- Cash, gift cards, or Prepaid cards
- Items that violate our policies or eBay's policies
- Items bought in person,
- Money transfers to friends or family
You’re not liable for unauthorized purchases made from your account if you file a report within 60 days.
We're here to help. Get full support with suspicious activity, identity theft, or phishing. Report your suspicions to us directly.
If you received an unauthorized payment (for example, from a hacked account or a stolen card) or a buyer claims they never received their item, our Seller Protection covers you for the full amount of the payment on eligible sales.
You can still be eligible for Seller Protection if your buyer is outside Canada and your sale qualifies.
For more information, see User Agreement
Eligible items must be tangible goods sold by sellers with a primary residence in Canada. To ensure you are protected, you will need proof of shipment or delivery. If a buyer files a claim, you must respond to our requests for information as outlined in our communications to you.
Be upfront about all the details of the item, specifically defects, use, and abnormalities. Also, disclose an accurate delivery estimate.
Proof of Shipment
Proof of shipment is required when you received an unauthorized payment and can be an online or physical proof from the shipping company. It should include:
- The date the item is shipped.
- The buyer’s address that matches the address they specified during checkout. This address should indicate at least the city and province, or city and country, or postal code (or international equivalent).
Proof of Delivery
Proof of delivery is required when your buyer claims they did not receive an item from you. This is online documentation from the shipping company that should include: date the order is delivered, item listed as delivered, buyer's address (include city, province or postal code). If the full payment amount is over $325 CAD (or local currency equivalent, including shipping and tax), you will need a signature confirmation on top of the proof of delivery.
Please ensure the item is delivered to the shipping address listed on the PayPal Transaction Details page. If you're not selling on eBay, make sure the item is delivered to a Confirmed Address. This means that you're shipping to an address that we have validated to help reduce chances of fraud.
Items Not Covered
The following are not covered:
- Items that are picked up locally or delivered in person
- Intangible items
- Digital goods
- Sellers received multiple payments for the same item
- Items that don't match the seller's description
- Items that violate eBay policies
- Items that are not shipped to the buyer's confirmed shipping address
- Payment Direct Payments (payments processed by PayPal that are funded directly by a credit and not through an account, such as payments made through PayPal Payments Pro but excluding payments made using guest checkout)
- Virtual Terminal Payments(A payment processed by PayPal through the Virtual Terminal flows that is funded directly by a card and not through a PayPal account.)
- PayPal Business Payments (refer to User agreement)
Become a Verified seller to give buyers additional peace of mind and attract more customers.
We provide full support to help resolve any buyer disputes or fraudulent payments.
Who you are is how you pay.
Our greatest safeguard is you. Your memory protects your login information and lets you pay without exposing your card numbers or personal information. If you forget your login, you can use your privacy questions to get back into your account. If you forget those, contact us and we’ll help you.
When a buyer requests a chargeback or fund reversal from their credit card provider, we’ll work with you to resolve the issue. We may put a hold on the associated funds in your account until the issue is resolved. We’re involved at every step of the process and will keep you informed.
We never close.
We monitor every transaction, 24/7 to help safeguard against fraud and email phishing. Every transaction is heavily guarded behind our next-level encryption. If something seems wrong, our dedicated team of security specialists will identify suspicious activity and help protect you from fraudulent transactions. Remember, we’ll never ask for any sensitive information from you in an email.
We can help buyers securely process 26 currencies from 203 countries and markets and convert them conveniently for a small fee.