- First shop at any online retailer that accepts PayPal
- When you’re ready to check out, choose the PayPal button
- Log in entering your email address and password and we’ll process the payment without sharing your financial details
- $0 liability for unauthorized purchases: for example, if someone uses your PayPal account without your permission
- Refunds for incorrect orders or items that never arrived: for example, you ordered a blue shirt and they sent it in pink
- If you do have a complaint about your purchase, we have an easy to use Resolution Centre that helps you and the retailer come to a solution. Find out more (purchase protection page)
- Paying for goods and services outside of Canada
- Receiving payments for goods and services
- Receiving payments from friends and family made using a Visa Debit card or credit card
- Receiving payments from other countries
- Sending money with a credit card or Visa Debit card to friends and family
View PayPal fees
How to use PayPal to send money
Use PayPal for paying your share of a group gift or splitting the check. It’s easier than running to the ATM or writing a cheque. Plus, it’s free in Canada when you send money using your bank account or PayPal balance.
You can also easily send money outside of Canada. Fees are based on the recipient’s country, and are lowest when you send the money from your bank account or PayPal balance.
I created an account, now how to use PayPal?
You’ll receive an email from PayPal asking you to activate your account. Then you’re ready to shop, send money, and accept payments using PayPal.