Why is my eBay payment on hold?
When you get paid for items sold on eBay.com, your payment might not be available immediately. Your money is usually available in 21 days or sooner to ensure your buyers receive their items.
Your payments may be pending in your PayPal balance because:
- You’re a new seller (whether on or off eBay);
- You have a “Below Standard” seller rating on eBay; or
- The payment you received may be considered unusual for your selling pattern.
Please refer to your eBay Seller Dashboard for more details on the reason for this hold, and guidelines for how to prevent future payments from being held.
You will also see a notification on your PayPal account.
How can I get access to my funds faster?
If you are experiencing delayed funds availability, here are some shipping tips that may help make your payment available sooner:
- If you provide tracking information (UPS, USPS, or FedEx) and we can confirm delivery, your payment should be available three days after we can confirm the delivery date.
- Pending payments are generally released three days after we can confirm delivery, but sometimes the delivery information takes a bit longer to update. If it’s been three days and your payment is still pending, the information is still processing and the payment should be available soon. Please note that pending payments can’t be released before you meet these requirements.
- Typically, you’ll have access to these pending payments after:
- 7 calendar days of the estimated delivery date, if you mark the item as sent in your eBay account, or
- 21 calendar days, if you don’t mark the item as sent in your eBay account
- +3 days after confirmed delivery if shipping with USPS/UPS/FedEx
- List successfully by including clear photos with detailed, accurate descriptions of items
- Be clear about shipping and handling time, costs and methods
- Ship promptly
- Upload tracking
- Define your return policy upfront
- Communicate with your buyers and respond to inquiries quickly and in a professional manner
- Review all communications from PayPal