How do I link a bank account to my PayPal account?
Here's how to link a bank account to your PayPal account:
- Click Wallet at the top of the page.
- Click + Link a bank account.
- Select the bank, complete your bank login, and click Continue.
- Select I have a different bank at the bottom right.
- Select Checking or Savings.
- Enter the bank's transit number, institution code and account number.
- Verify that your information is correct and click Continue.
In 2 to 3 business days, review your bank statement to find 2 small deposits (less than $1.00 CAD) that we sent to your bank account. With this information, you can complete the confirmation process online.
- Some banks combine the 2 small deposit amounts into 1 lump sum. In this situation, you will need to call us to confirm your bank, or follow the instant confirmation process.
- Your routing number is the first set of numbers at the bottom of your cheque. The routing number usually has 9 digits.
- Your bank account number is the second set of numbers at the bottom of your cheque.
- If you receive the message "Check and Try again," you may have typed the wrong number, or we may not accept your bank. Click here for common issues you might encounter when linking a bank account.
- You can add up to 8 bank accounts to your PayPal account. Each bank account can only be linked to one PayPal account at a time.
- You can withdraw directly to your bank account.
- You can send money for free.