What is PayPal’s policy on transactions that involve credit repair or debt settlement services?
PayPal does prohibit transactions for certain credit repair, credit counseling or debt settlement services based upon the consideration of several factors. PayPal will prohibit transactions for services associated with any of the following activities:
- Marketing services with potentially false or misleading claims.
- Charging fees prior to the completion of advertized services.
- Failing to provide adequate details in the contract offered to the customer, including the cost, description of services and timeframe for completion.
- Offering services that include adding a customer's name to an established loan or a line of credit with the intention of improving the customer's credit score.
- Engaging in activities that are the subject of investigations or warnings by governmental agencies.
At its discretion, PayPal may allow certain services that have been approved or certified by a recognized public or private organization.