Why is my payment from a sale on eBay not available immediately?
When you get paid for items sold on eBay.com, your payment might not be available immediately. Your money is usually available in 21 days or sooner to ensure your buyers receive their items (Note: the money may not be released until later in the day).
Your payment may be pending in your PayPal balance because:
- You’re a new seller (whether on or off eBay);
- You have a “Below Standard” seller rating on eBay; or
- The payment you received may be considered unusual for your selling pattern.
Delaying funds availability is a common industry practice we implement to help ensure the safe and secure use of PayPal by both buyers and sellers. By placing your money in your pending balance, we can ensure there is enough money in your PayPal account to resolve any issues that may arise with your account such as chargebacks or disputes. The money still belongs to you. It’s just temporarily not available to use, until your buyer has received the item they ordered in the condition promised.
In the future, you may be able to have funds made available to you immediately if you meet certain requirements, which include:
- At least 25 transactions
- $250.00 USD in sales
- 90 days since your first sale
How can I get access to my funds faster?
If you are experiencing delayed funds availability, here are some shipping tips that may help make your payment available sooner:
- If you provide tracking information (UPS, USPS, or FedEx) and we can confirm delivery, your payment should be available three days after we can confirm the delivery date.
- Pending payments are generally released three days after we can confirm delivery, but sometimes the delivery information takes a bit longer to update. If it’s been three days and your payment is still pending, the information is still processing and the payment should be available soon. Please note that pending payments can’t be released before you meet these requirements.
- If you don’t upload tracking, but mark the item as shipped on the Transaction Details page, your payment should be available after the item is marked as shipped (seven days for domestic or 14 days for international shipments).
- Buyers can also mark the item as received in the Transaction Details page, which will release the payment three days afterwards. The buyer confirmation option will be available after the item has been marked as processed or shipped.
- If the payment was for a service, mark the payment as processed and your payment should be available in seven days for domestic or 14 days for international payments.
- If you fulfill the order, but don’t provide any shipping information, your payment should be available after 21 days, as long as your buyer doesn’t report any issues with the transaction.
- List successfully by including clear photos with detailed, accurate descriptions of items
- Be clear about shipping and handling time, costs and methods
- Ship promptly
- Upload tracking
- Define your return policy upfront
- Communicate with your buyers and respond to inquiries quickly and in a professional manner
- Review all communications from PayPal