How do I link a bank account to my PayPal account?
By adding a bank account to your PayPal account, you can make payments using this bank account or transfer your PayPal balance to your bank. Here's how to link a bank account to your PayPal account:
- Click Wallet at the top of the page.
- Click Link a bank.
- Select your bank.
- Select Instantly or In 3-5 days according to how you want to link your bank.
- Follow the instructions on page.
- Select Don't see your bank? at the bottom.
- Select Checking or Savings.
- Enter the bank's transit number, institution code and account number.
- Verify that your information is correct, and click Agree and Link.
- Tap the settings icon.
- Tap Banks and Cards.
- Tap +, then Bank account.
- Add your bank details and tap Add this Bank Account.
If you enter your bank account number manually, you'll be prompted to confirm this bank account. Within 3 business days, review your bank statement to find 2 small deposits (less than $1.00 CAD) that we sent to your bank account. With this information, you can complete the confirmation process online.
- Some banks combine the 2 small deposit amounts into 1 lump sum. If you only receive 1 small deposit, contact us to confirm your bank or try to link your bank instantly.
- You can add up to 8 bank accounts to your PayPal account. Each bank account can only be linked to one PayPal account at a time.
- The random deposits are temporary and will eventually be debited from your bank account. You’ll need to confirm your bank account before you can move money from your bank account to your PayPal account.
- Click here for common issues you might encounter when linking a bank account.
Learn how to link a card to your PayPal account.