How do I change my backup payment method?
A backup payment method allows you to send a payment even if you don’t have enough money in your PayPal balance. Your backup payment method can be a linked bank account, debit or credit card, or PayPal credit product.
Here is how to change the backup funding source for an Instant Transfer payment:
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Click Send & Request.
- Click Pay for goods or services or Send money to friends or family.
- Enter the recipient's email address, the amount you're sending, and click Next.
- Click > in the "You're paying with" section.
- Choose the payment method you wish to pay with.
Instant Transfer is the default payment method. You can only select another payment method on a transaction-by-transaction basis. The backup payment method can't be changed once the transaction has been sent.
You were logged out to help protect your account.