How do I know if an email is really from PayPal?
What is a fake email?
Fake or phishing emails attempt to gain access to sensitive data and will often ask you to reveal your password or other personal or financial information.
How to identify fake emails:
- Emails from PayPal will always address you by your first and last names or by your business name. We never say things like "Dear user" or "Hello PayPal member."
- Our emails don’t link directly to pages that ask you to enter sensitive information like your bank account, credit card, and national identification or Social Security numbers
If you think you received a fake PayPal email or have come across a fake PayPal website, please report it to us immediately.
- Do not change the subject line and do not forward the message as an attachment.
- Forward the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Delete the email from your inbox.
Every email counts. By forwarding a suspicious-looking email to email@example.com, you've helped keep yourself and others safe from identity theft.
You were logged out to help protect your account.