What does the status of my payment mean on my PayPal account?
Here are some definitions to help you understand the status of a payment you send:
- Pending: We’re reviewing the transaction. We’ll send your payment to the recipient after your payment source has been verified. If you've sent an eCheck, it usually takes up to 7 business days to clear, the transaction will show as 'Pending' on your Summary page.
- On hold: We’re holding the money temporarily because either you filed a dispute or we’re reviewing the transaction. Look for an email from us with more information about this transaction.
- Held: We’re reviewing the transaction and so your payment has been held. You should check the Resolution Center for more information.
- Temporary hold: Money from your account is being held temporarily during the authorization process. The recipient isn’t able to use or withdraw this money until the authorization is complete.
- Refunded: The recipient refunded your payment. If you used a credit card to make your payment, the money will be returned to your credit card. It can take up to 30 days for the refund to appear on your statement.
- Returned: Money was returned to your account because the recipient didn’t claim your payment within 30 days. PayPal members can manually reverse unclaimed payments before the 30-day automatic reversal.
- Denied: The recipient didn’t accept your payment, and the money was credited back to your account. View the transaction details to see why your payment was denied or contact the recipient for more information.
- Unclaimed: The recipient hasn’t accepted or received your payment. Unclaimed transactions are automatically canceled after 30 days.
- Completed: The transaction was successful and the money is in the recipient’s account.