How do I enroll in PayPal Giving Fund?
Eligible Canadian charities registered with the Canada Revenue Agency and with a confirmed charity PayPal account can enroll with PayPal Giving Fund Canada.
- Before you can enroll with PayPal Giving Fund Canada, your charity needs to have a PayPal Business account. If you don't have one, you can sign up now.
- Once you've set up your PayPal account, you'll need to confirm that your PayPal account belongs to your charity (PayPal partners with TechSoup for these validations).
- Once you receive an email verifying that your charity status has been confirmed with PayPal, your charity is automatically placed into review for enrollment. If we determine your organisation meets eligibility requirements, we'll enroll your charity with PayPal Giving Fund, and you’ll receive an enrollment confirmation email after 2-3 working days.
PayPal uses TechSoup's services to confirm that our charity business customers are charities registered with Canada Revenue Agency. If your organization has a TechSoup account, you can request a validation token from TechSoup to confirm your charity status instantly.
Here's how to confirm your account's charity status if your organization has a TechSoup account:
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Check your email inbox for an email from PayPal asking you to 'Confirm your charity status' or click here.
- Click Confirm your charity.
- Click Continue.
- Click Use Our TechSoup Account.
- Enter your validation token or click Get a Token from TechSoup.
A TechSoup account isn’t required for a charity to confirm its status for PayPal. If your organization doesn’t have a TechSoup account, we can still verify your charitable status with Canada Revenue Agency. Here's how to confirm your account's charity status with PayPal without a TechSoup account.
- Create or log into your PayPal Business account. If you don’t have one, you can sign up now.
- Complete all required fields within the Business and charity verification process.
- Click Request TechSoup Confirmation within the flow.
- Give us permission to share your information with TechSoup by clicking Share Information.
TechSoup will review your information within 5 business days. If TechSoup needs additional information, they’ll send you an email. Please be sure to check any junk/spam folders for this correspondence.
Your charity doesn’t need to enroll to receive grants from PayPal Giving Fund, however, by enrolling it will:
- Receive grants in your PayPal account in a single monthly payment.
- Track all donations made to your charity through the charity dashboard.
- View donor details (where the donor has agreed to share their details with you) to help build your database.
- Be eligible to participate in additional PayPal Giving Fund programs.
- Have the ability to update your charity profile page which appears on our partners' platforms such as Facebook and PayPal.