These General Conditions of Use (hereinafter: the "GCU") describe the terms and conditions under which PayPal makes available to its users the PayPal Refunded Returns Service (hereinafter: the “PayPal Refunded Returns service “or "Service"). The PayPal Refunded Returns service is exclusively reserved, at no additional cost, to PayPal account holders who have activated the Service on the https://www.paypal.com/c2/webapps/mpp/returns (hereinafter: "You" in these GCU). By activating, You expressly acknowledge and accept to be bound by these GCU.
PayPal Refunded Returns is provided by CallPoint New Europe AD (trading as Telus International Europe, hereinafter the “Service Provider”) on behalf of PayPal Pte. Ltd. You agree that in order to operate the Service, PayPal may disclose your name, e-mail address and status of participation in this Service to enable reimbursement of the shipping costs of the returned item to the Service Provider. CallPoint New Europe AD is a company registered in Bulgaria under no. 9829/2004, VAT BG175138361, with head office at Alabin Street 1-3, 1000 Sofia, Bulgaria.
These GCU describe the PayPal Refunded Returns service in effect from Jan 21st, 2015 to Dec 31st, 2021. These GCU replace any previous version You may have been sent or have in your possession.
We advise You to keep or print a copy of these GCU for your personal records.
Questions and answers
When can I use PayPal Refunded Returns service?
You may return items using the PayPal Refunded Returns service if the following conditions are met:
- First, to be eligible, You must pay for your online purchase using your PayPal account;
- You must hold a PayPal account that is not suspended or limited;
- The Service in only available to holders of a Chinese PayPal account which access has not been suspended or limited
- You must activate the Service on the https://www.paypal.com/c2/webapps/mpp/returns web page.
- You must initiate your return within the return period and in accordance with the return conditions authorized by the seller (a person or an entity selling goods via a marketplace, eg. eBay seller, hereinafter the "seller”) or by the merchant (other persons or entities selling goods outside marketplaces, eg. e-shops, hereinafter the “merchant”);
- The items you wish to return must have been paid for in their entirety using your PayPal account, You must submit a refund request of the shipping costs (hereinafter: the "Refund request”) related to that return within 30 calendar days of mailing the returned item; and
- You must mail your items back to the seller or merchant through China Post or SF Express.
Under what conditions can I not use the PayPal Refunded Returns service?
The PayPal Refunded Returns service does not apply to:
- Purchases made in violation of PayPal User Agreement or PayPal Acceptable Use Policy
- Immaterial or intangible goods, and coupons
- Items for which the return by post regular mail, courier or any other regular shipping options or services is already paid for by the seller or merchant
- Cash, traveler's checks, tickets, credit or debit cards, or any other negotiable instrument
- Items that cannot be returned in accordance with the seller or merchant's general conditions of sale (e.g. the seller or merchant's authorized deadline for returns has passed)
- Costs associated with loss, theft, or damage to the item when it is returned
- Items which are paid for wholly or partially in cash (only the return costs for items paid for entirely with PayPal may be refunded under the PayPal Refunded Returns service)
- The PayPal Refunded Returns service does not apply if You are able to benefit from or, moreover, have already benefited from another type of cost shipping refund returns service or guarantee with any other third party. In the event that You have received a refund under this Service, and have also benefitted from such other said return service or guarantee, PayPal shall have the right to recover the amount of the refund under this Service from your PayPal account.
- Coupons purchases (e.g. Groupon)
- The transaction made through PayPal Send Money service
- Licenses for digital content and services
- Purchases made more than 150 calendar days prior to submission of the refund request.
Can I use the PayPal Refunded Returns service if the seller or merchant already offers a similar service?
No. The PayPal Refunded Returns service applies when a free or refunded return service is not offered by the seller or merchant from whom You made your purchase. If the seller or merchant from whom You made your purchase offers a free or refund return service by the postal regular mail, courier or any other shipping options or services, You must use that service.
Is there a cap on the refunds offered by the PayPal Refunded Returns service?
Yes. There is a cap of 20 USD maximum per Refund request. This cap will apply to Refund requests of more than 20 USD. Only 3 refund is allowed per PayPal transaction ID. If You return several copies of the same item at once, that will be considered as a single return which will be subject to the refund cap of 20 USD.
How many refunds can I get under the PayPal Refunded Returns service?
You can get one refund per month for eligible purchases until 31st December 2021 under the PayPal Refunded Returns service. All refunds must be filed during the duration of the Service (Jan 21st, 2015 to Dec 31st, 2021)
Who should I contact if I have a question about the PayPal Refunded Returns service?
For any questions about the PayPal Refunded Returns service, You can send an email at: email@example.com
Is the PayPal Refunded Returns service free?
Yes. You have no cost or deductible to pay for this Service.
How do I make a Refund request under the PayPal Refunded Returns service?
To submit a Refund Request, log in to your PayPal account, click on “request return shipping refund” and submit the form, along with the proof of your return within 30 days of returning the item.
If any document is missing, you’ll need to submit it within 14 days of your initial submission.
You’ll receive the refund in your PayPal account if your claim is approved.
What information do I have to provide with my Refund request?
Details of your return including date shipped, cost to ship, reason for return and items returned. To complete the return shipping refund request form, log in to your account activity and select the purchase you have recently returned.
Proof of your return including the following documents.
- The confirmation email for your PayPal transaction or a screenshot of your PayPal account showing that the entire price was paid using your PayPal account and displaying the PayPal transaction ID; and
- You must make returns through China Post or SF Express, and provide:
- The receipt from the post office or courier service
- A document proving that the purchased item was returned to the seller which could be included on shipping receipt or a photo of the package with the seller's address visible.
- If the return shipping costs were deducted from the refund of your item, you must provide:
- Proof showing the initial purchase price of the item returned; and
- Proof showing the amount of the refund, such as the email message that acknowledges receipt of the return or the PayPal email confirming the refund of your item.
How will I be refunded?
If your Refund request is accepted, You will receive the corresponding funds directly on your PayPal account. All refunds will be made in USD.
How will I know if my Refund request is accepted?
You will be kept informed at every stage of the processing of your request by email:
- Confirmation of receipt of your Refund request: the same day (or the first business day after your request if it was received after 6 PM CT time or on a non-business day)
- Notice of approval or rejection of your Refund request: 5 business days from the receipt of your complete file
- Refund: 5 business days from notice of approval of your request for Refund
How do I know if I am eligible for the PayPal Refunded Returns service?
The PayPal Refunded Returns service is only available to holders of a China PayPal account whose access has not been suspended or limited and who have activated the Service by leaving their email address on the https://www.paypal.com/c2/webapps/mpp/returns.
What happens if I return an item purchased before the launch of the PayPal Refunded Returns service (Jan 21st, 2015)?
Unfortunately, this Service is not retroactive.
You may only make a Refund request for items that You purchased and returned between Jan 21st, 2015 to Dec 31st, 2021.
Additional provisions concerning operation of the PayPal Refunded Returns service
By using the PayPal Refunded Returns service, You implicitly acknowledge the following:
- that all Your Refund requests form must be complete, honest and accurate.
- that You have familiarized yourself with these GCU and accept their contents unconditionally.
The PayPal Refunded Returns service cannot be combined with another service or coverage for the same purpose (i.e. for "refund of return costs") which You are eligible for, or which You have already benefited from as part of Your initial purchase.
Any Refund request that does not comply, for whatever reason, with the conditions and procedures described in these CGU will be automatically rejected and You will not be eligible for any refund.
Likewise, any Refund request knowingly initiated based on erroneous or false information will be rejected and You will be excluded without prior notice from Your eligibility to the PayPal Refunded Returns service, and all benefits associated with it will be cancelled.
You agree to receive at Your PayPal email address, from PayPal and/or any of its subcontractors including the Service Manager, Telus International Europe, all information concerning use of the PayPal Refunded Returns service. As a result, You must regularly check this mailbox so as to be aware of any messages sent by PayPal and/or any of its subcontractors.
PayPal (and any of its subcontractors) shall make every effort to ensure that the PayPal Refunded Returns service is as fully accessible and high quality as possible. PayPal (and any of its subcontractors) shall not be held liable for any delays or failures if any such delays or failures is a consequence of a circumstance which was beyond PayPal’s (or any of its subcontractors’) control, which it could not reasonably have been expected to have anticipated, and the consequences of which could not have been reasonably avoided nor overcome. Such circumstances include:
- total or partial interruption of the PayPal Refunded Returns service, or problems accessing the PayPal Refunded Returns service, specifically due to causes beyond its control, such as total or partial failure to fulfill the obligations for which You are responsible, a defect and/or saturation of the telecommunications networks, or action by a third party;
- infection by a virus, or by any other hazardous item, of the PayPal Refunded Returns service or the Your equipment, or other type of malicious attack by a third party despite reasonable security measures taken by You and by PayPal;
- improper use by You of the PayPal Refunded Returns service;
- provision by You of erroneous information or data;
- cases of force majeure or action by a third party.
Moreover, PayPal (and any of its subcontractors) shall in no event be held liable for indemnification of any indirect damages incurred by You when using the PayPal Refunded Returns service unless caused by PayPal’s (or any of its subcontractors) gross negligence or intent. Indirect damages shall be understood to include a loss of opportunity, business interruption and loss of profit, and commercial and financial losses.
The provisions of these GCU may be changed at any time. The amended GCU will then be published on the PayPal webpage devoted to the Paypal Refunded Returns service (https://www.paypal.com/c2/webapps/mpp/returns) and fully replace the previous version. You should regularly check the specific PayPal webpage related to the PayPal Refunded Returns service (https://www.paypal.com/c2/webapps/mpp/returns) so as to remain informed of any change made to these GCU, and stop using the Service if You totally or partially disagrees with their content.
The PayPal Refunded Returns service is offered from Jan 21st, 2015 to Dec 31st, 2021. PayPal may decide, at any time and for any reason whatsoever, to change, suspend, or terminate the PayPal Refunded Returns service (or any part or content of the PayPal Refunded Returns service) without being liable to You or to any third party for doing so. To the extent possible, You will be so informed by email at least thirty (30) days in advance.
You are hereby expressly informed of, and expressly declare that You accept automated processing of the personal data collected from You for the needs of the PayPal Refunded Returns service. You are hereby expressly informed of, and expressly agree to, the fact that the Service Manager (and/or any of its subcontractors and partners) may undertake processing of your personal data for the purposes stated in these conditions.
We therefore wish to expressly remind You, in accordance with the provisions of the applicable data protection law, that providing this data is mandatory, since it is required for managing the PayPal Refunded Returns service and for processing Refund requests. If this information is not provided, the Service Manager will be unable to process any Refund requests.
These records, and the data and information they contain, will serve as databases for PayPal and the Service Manager (and/or for any of their subcontractors and partners), who shall be entitled to keep them only for the purposes of the PayPal Refunded Returns service.
You are entitled to access, discuss, rectify, delete, or dispute any of your personal data under the terms stipulated by applicable legislation concerning the protection of personal information. Those rights may be enforced by contacting in written the PayPal Refunded Returns service.
The language to be used for the PayPal Refunded Returns service shall be English or Simplified Chinese
The PayPal Refunded Returns service and its terms shall be governed by Singapore law. Any dispute arising from implementation of the PayPal Refunded Returns service shall be under the exclusive competence of the Singapore courts.
If You have any general questions concerning the PayPal Refunded Returns service, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The PayPal Refunded Returns service is a service made available by PayPal Pte. Ltd, a company under Singaporean law, registered under no. 200509725E, with head offices at 5 Temasek Boulevard #09-01, Suntec Tower Five, 038985 Singapore.
The Service Manager is CallPoint New Europe AD, acting on behalf of PayPal Pte. Ltd. CallPoint New Europe AD is a company registered in Bulgaria under no. 9829/2004, VAT BG175138361,with head office at Alabin Street 1-3, 1000 Sofia, Bulgaria. Telus International Europe is the commercial name of CallPoint New Europe AD.
Please read all the conditions.