How and when do I accept a payment I received?
If the status of a payment is Unclaimed you must accept or deny it manually. By accepting the payment the money will be credited to the recipient's PayPal balance. If the payment is denied, the sender will be refunded.
A payment may have Unclaimed status in the following situations:
- The recipient doesn't have a PayPal account. The recipient must open a PayPal account to accept or deny the payment.
- The recipient didn't yet confirm the email address the payment was sent to.
- The recipient didn't yet add the payment to their PayPal account.
- The payment needs to be accepted manually (in Business accounts certain payments need to be accepted manually as indicated).
- The sender may have entered the wrong email address for the payment.
- The recipient doesn't yet have a balance in the currency the payment was sent in.
If a payment is not manually accepted within 30 days, the payment will automatically be canceled.
Here's how to accept or deny an unclaimed payment:
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Click Activity.
- Look for the transaction and click Accept or Deny.
You were logged out to help protect your account.