How do I accept donations for my charity with PayPal?
You can easily collect money for your charity using our Donate buttons.
The benefits of a Donate button:
- You receive payments by credit card or bank account.
- You don't pay any monthly fees, start-up fees, or cancelation fees. Only very small transaction fees.
Bear in mind the following:
- Open a Business account in order to make use of a Donate button.
- Open the account in the name of the charity, including the name of the contact person. The contact is the manager of the account and our contact in case of a problem.
- We may ask you for additional documentation to comply with legal requirements and to confirm that you will receive donations.
To create a Donate button:
Follow a few simple steps to create a Donate button. You fill in the form while we generate the HTML code for you. Copy this code and paste it in the HTML code of your website.
Follow these steps to create a Donate button:
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Click Seller Preferences.
- Click Start or Update next to Manage my payment buttons.
- Select Donate as button type, fill in the form and then click Create Button.
You were logged out to help protect your account.