What is my Receiving Limit and how can I remove it?
We’re required to collect and verify certain information from our customers. We must do this before our customers receive €2,500 (or currency equivalent) into their PayPal account (in total) within a year of receiving their first payment.
To ensure there is no disruption to you or your business, we’ll notify you of this requirement when you receive €1,800 (or currency equivalent) into your PayPal account in total.
If you expect to receive money in excess of €1,800 (or currency equivalent), you can deal with this requirement as soon as you open your account. We recommend taking this proactive approach to avoid any possible disruption in the future.
To remove the receiving limit on your account:
- Go to Your account Limits page.
- Select 'Receiving limit per year' and click Lift Limits and follow the steps.
If access to your account is already limited because of the receiving limit, go to your Resolution Centre and follow the instructions.
You'll be asked to complete the following steps:
- Confirm your card or bank account.
- Upload the following documents:
- proof of identity
- proof of address not older than 12 months (i.e. gas, electricity or phone bill, credit card or bank account statement, etc.)
You were logged out to help protect your account.