How do I report unauthorized use of my PayPal account?
If you notice a transaction that you didn't authorise, report it right away:
- Go to your Resolution Center. (This link may ask you to log in)
- Click Dispute a transaction in the column 'Report a problem.'
- Select Unauthorized transaction: I did not authorize a recent transaction.
- Click Continue.
- Click Get PayPal transaction ID and select the relevant transaction.
- Click Continue, then follow the on-screen instructions.
If you're unable to log in, either call us or email us as soon as you can.
Remember, you’re 100% protected against unauthorized transactions sent from your account.
And be sure to check your pre-approved billing agreement payments. This charge could be from a service you signed up for in the past.
Here's how to check and cancel your pre-approved billing agreements:
- Go to your Settings.
- Click Payments.
- Click Manage pre-approved payments.
- Select the merchant's name or email address.
- Click Cancel.
You were logged out to help protect your account.