Where's my refund?
- Go to your Activity page.
Your most recent payments will be displayed automatically.
- Find the transaction you are interested in and click it to display the details.
- For older transactions, select dates at the top of the page and use Advanced filters.
- Select Refunds and the transactions will be displayed automatically.
- If you paid with a credit card, the refund is sent directly to the same card. It will appear on your bank account statement within 30 days, depending on your card issuer. For more information, contact them directly.
If the card you paid with is closed or invalid, contact the issuing bank as the money will still be refunded to your credit card account.
- If you paid with your PayPal balance or with your bank account, the amount will be credited back to your PayPal balance.
- If you paid part with your PayPal balance and the rest with your credit card, we'll refund the amount paid by credit card directly to the card, and the rest to the PayPal balance.
Here are a few common refund statuses:
Pending: If your refund status is Pending, It could be because PayPal has not yet received the money from the buyer's bank for the Instant Transfer, or that the seller issued an eCheck that has not yet cleared from their bank. It usually takes up to 7 business days for the money to become available in your PayPal balance.
Refunded or Partially Refunded: If your refund status is Refunded or Partially Refunded, it means that the refund is complete. The money should be back in your PayPal balance or on your credit card.
Temporary hold: If your refund status is "held," it means the transaction was refunded before it has cleared your bank. This process takes 8-10 business days to complete, and the refund will be credited to your balance once the process is completed.
You were logged out to help protect your account.