Can merchants with integrations accept payments for Digital Goods (in-context Digital Goods checkout integrations)?
How will the checkout flow changes affect me?
We'll update your integration by the end of September, 2017. You don't need to do anything.
How will the changes affect my customers?
Your customers will experience the following impacts:
- If you opt to join the more than 5 million merchants who offer their customers PayPal's One TouchTM feature, then your customers can experience an updated PayPal Checkout:
- Use One Touch to skip the PayPal login screen when they shop with you or other eligible merchants. They'll go directly to the payment page and breeze through checkout.
- Avoid the hassle of entering and remembering their passwords.
- Your customers will pay for each Digital Goods transaction individually without leaving your site with any funding source, like credit or debit cards and bank accounts, instead of using their prepaid balance to fund transactions or pay for aggregated Digital Goods transactions.
- If a customer's account has a prepaid balance (left over from their last use of PayPal to buy digital or electronic goods from an online merchant), they must do one of the following:
- Use up all their prepaid balance to buy more Digital Goods before September 1, 2017.
- Take no action, and we'll refund their prepaid balance amount to their PayPal account by the end of September, 2017.
You were logged out to help protect your account.