PayPal prize draw
*TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The Promotion is conducted by PayPal Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 93 111 195 389) of Level 23, 1 York Street, Sydney, NSW, phone: (02) 8288 0000 (“PayPal”).
- This Promotion is based on the following terms and information (“Terms”). Please read these Terms before entering the Promotion. If you participate in the Promotion you will be considered to have agreed and accepted to these Terms. All entry instructions and prize information published by PayPal form part of these Terms.
When do entries start and close?
- The Promotion commences at 10.00am (AEST) on Friday 15 March 2013 and closes at 9.59am (AEST) on Monday 15 April 2013(“Promotion Period”).
Who can enter the Promotion?
- You can enter the promotion as an “Eligible Entrant” if you are:
- an Australian resident;
- 18 years or older;
- hold an active PayPal account before the Draw Date (defined below); and
- not an employee, contractor (or their immediate family members) of PayPal or any third parties associated with the Promotion.
What does active mean? An active account usually means that access to the Entrant’s PayPal account has not been restricted or limited and the account is in good standing. PayPal will determine in its discretion if the Eligible Entrant’s PayPal account is active.
What are the prizes?
- There are 3 x Prizes of $5,000 PayPal credits to be won.
The first 3 eligible entries drawn will be a Prize Winner and each will win AU$5,000 which will be credited into the Prize winner’s PayPal account.
The total value of the Prizes for this Promotion is a maximum of AU$15,000.
How do I enter the draw to win a Prize?
- To enter the draw to win a Prize you have to:
Use PayPal as a payment method to purchase from a Participating Merchant listed at www.paypal.com.au/travel within the Promotion Period
How many chances do I have to win?
- After you make your purchase with PayPal with a Participating Merchant within the Promotional Period, you will automatically be entered in the draw. In the happy event you are a winner, you won’t be eligible for more than one prize.
- You may enter the draw once per PayPal payment, even if you have multiple email addresses for that one PayPal account.
How will the winners be selected?
- There will be 3 Prize Winners drawn (“Prize Winners”). The Prize Winners will be drawn electronically on Monday 22 April 2013 at 2:00pm (“Draw Date”) at Mike Da Silva and Associates (Aust) Pty Ltd (“MDSA”) at 15 Grosvenor Street, Neutral Bay NSW 2089. The Prize Winners will be drawn from all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period:
Remember, an entry requires you to have made a purchase with one of the Participating Merchants, and paid for it using PayPal.
- The Prize Winners will be notified by email within 2 working days of the Draw Date and will be published in The Australian newspaper on Monday 29 April 2013.
Can I win more than one Prize?
- No you can only win one Prize per PayPal account for the entire Promotion Period.
When will I receive the Prize?
- If you’re a Prize Winner, the Prize will be paid into the Prize Winners’ PayPal account which you used when making your purchase from the Participating Merchants on or before Tuesday 21 May 2013.
Is it free to enter the Promotion?
- As set out in these Terms you have to make a purchase through a Participating Merchant and pay for it using PayPal to enter the prize draw. There may also be other costs associated with entering the Promotion for example accessing the internet and mobile phone charges. PayPal is not responsible for these costs.
Is there an unclaimed prize draw?
- Yes, subject to any laws, if a Prize is
- not claimed by a winner within 3 months of the Draw Date; or
- forfeited for any reason;
the Prize will be awarded to another Eligible Entrant in an unclaimed prize draw (the “Unclaimed Prize Draw”) on 2:00pm (AEST) on Monday 5 July 2013 by MDSA at 15 Grosvenor Street, Neutral Bay NSW 2089. The winner(s) of the Unclaimed Prize Draw will be notified in writing within 2 days of the Unclaimed Prize Draw. Any Prize winner(s) name(s) will be published in The Australian newspaper on Monday 12 July 2013.
What if my details have changed during the Promotion?
- If your details change at any time between the date you enter the Promotion and Tuesday 16 April 2013, please either update your account directly or notify PayPal Customer Service immediately by clicking on “Contact Us” at the bottom of any PayPal page on our website (www.paypal.com.au). We will not be responsible for any entries or prizes that cannot be submitted / delivered because your details have changed.
- In the event of any uncertainty as to the claim to a Prize or the identity of the Eligible Entrant if selected as the Winner, the Prize will be forfeited.
Other important terms to know
- If you’re a prize winner under this Promotion, we may be required to collect and verify information about your identity before you can access the funds in your PayPal account. This is in connection with our obligations under the anti-money laundering and counter terrorism financing laws. We’ll contact you and let you know what information and documents we require. For more information please see https://www.paypal-australia.com.au/aml
- The Winners acknowledge that the Prizes may be subject to additional terms and conditions imposed by third parties. PayPal does not accept any responsibility and is not liable for any conditions imposed by third parties in relation to the Prizes.
- There may be tax implications from winning a Prize in this Promotion, please seek independent financial advice before you accept the Prize.
- If a Prize or part of a Prize is unavailable for reasons outside of PayPal’s control for example delayed delivery by the supplier, PayPal will in its absolute discretion substitute alternative goods or services of no lesser retail value and/or specification, subject to the approval of the authorities that have issued permits for the conduct of the Promotion.
- PayPal is not responsible or liable for any loss or damages incurred by any party if any prize is unavailable.
- The Prizes must be used in accordance with PayPal’s User Agreement which can be found by clicking on “Legal Agreements” at the bottom of our website (www.paypal.com.au).
- You must ensure that your entries are received by PayPal during the Promotion Period. All entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by PayPal not time of transmission by the Entrant. PayPal is not responsible for any entries not received by PayPal or for any delays in the delivery of any entries.
- If you have won a claim under PayPal’s Buyer Protection Policy in relation to a purchase under this Promotion, you will only be entitled to recover the amount of your purchase that you have funded and not any part funded by any component of a Prize. For more information please see the User Agreement.
When will an entry be invalid or rejected?
- Entries into the Promotion may be invalid or PayPal may reject entries if PayPal reasonably forms the opinion that an entry is:
- made using automated entry means or by use of a computer entry service;
- incorrect including if an Entrant provides the wrong details;
- breaches PayPal’s User Agreement;
- capable of encouraging conduct that would be considered a criminal offence;
- capable of giving rise to civil liability; and/or
- made on behalf of an Entrant by a third party or otherwise by proxy.
- PayPal reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any Entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms or who tampers with the entry process. An Entrant must, within 7 days of being asked, allow PayPal to inspect and copy any documents PayPal may request establishing eligibility to enter the Promotion, including evidence of age, residence or identity. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of PayPal.
- Errors and omissions may be accepted at PayPal's discretion. Failure by PayPal to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- PayPal may, at its absolute discretion, declare any or all entries made by an Entrant to be invalid if the Entrant:
- fails to establish their entitlement to enter the Promotion to PayPal's satisfaction; or
- fails to produce documents as requested by PayPal to verify the validity of entries or produces items that are illegible, stolen, forged, reconstructed, altered, incomplete or tampered with in any way;
- appears, to PayPal, to have tampered with, or benefited from tampering with, the entry process;
- has submitted an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms; or
- does not hold an open or active PayPal account. The relevant Prize will be forfeited by the Winner.
- If for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of PayPal, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, PayPal reserves the right in its sole discretion take any action that may be available, including to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion subject to any direction given under the relevant state/territory permit regulations and/or disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, PayPal (including its officers, employees, agents and related Bodies Corporate as defined by the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth)) exclude all liability (including negligence) for any personal injury or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to:
- any technical difficulties, technical error or equipment malfunction (whether or not under PayPal’s control);
- any error, omission, interruption, deletion, delay, defect, theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
- any entry or Prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by PayPal) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of PayPal;
- any variation in Prize value to that stated in these Terms;
- any tax liability incurred by a winner or Eligible Entrant; or
- use of a Prize.
- Under no circumstances will PayPal’s total aggregate liability in connection with this Promotion, whether based upon warranty, contract, statute, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, exceed AU$1,000.
- These rules are Terms and constitute the entire terms and conditions between the Eligible Entrant and PayPal with respect to the Promotion and cannot be altered, modified or amended.
- These Terms are subject to the applicable State or Territory lottery laws.
How your personal information may be collected and used
- All entries become the property of PayPal.
- If you participate in this Promotion you agree that:
- your personal information may be disclosed to third parties including marketing and communications agencies in order to conduct this Promotion and to the authorities responsible for the regulation of lotteries. Winners' names will be published and retained as required by relevant legislation and as specified in these Terms;
- The PayPal service is provided by PayPal Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 93 111 195 389) which holds an Australian Financial Services Licence, number 304962. You should read and consider the PayPal Australia Pty Ltd Combined Financial Services Guide and Product Disclosure Statement before deciding whether to acquire the PayPal product. This Promotion is authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPS/13/01314, ACT TP13/00688, Victorian Permit No. 13/458 & SA Licence No. T13/315.
^Individual merchant offers are in addition to the PayPal prize draw. PayPal is not responsible for the promotions offered by the above merchants, and you should read the Terms & Conditions on the merchant site. The PayPal service is provided by PayPal Australia Pty Limited (ABN 93 111 195 389) which holds an Australian Financial Services Licence, number 304962. Before deciding to sign-up for or use the PayPal service you should consider the Combined Financial Services Guide and Product Disclosure Statement, available at www.paypal.com.au