PayPal Seller Protection - PayPal
Starting 27 March, 2008, sell on eBay to buyers in over 190 markets and enjoy PayPal Seller Protection. (Terms and Conditions apply).
PayPal Seller Protection protects eligible eBay sellers against buyer claims, credit card and debit card chargebacks, and reversals due to:
- Unauthorised payments – for example, payments made with stolen credit cards and debit cards
- Buyers who claim they haven’t received items they purchased
- PayPal or the bank reverses a transaction for an eBay item it believes to be fraudulent
Terms and Conditions apply.
No extra charge
Seller Protection is included at no extra charge as part of PayPal’s service to you.
What to do
To be eligible for Seller Protection:
- Sell on an eBay site and accept payment to your Australian PayPal account
- Post the item via an Approved Postage Service to the address specified by the buyer on the Transaction Details page. Note: Sellers must provide one Proof of Shipment for each separate PayPal payment
- In the event of a chargeback or reversal, provide proof of shipment
- See full terms and conditions for eligibility
What’s not covered?
- Local pickups or deliveries made in person
- Digital goods, services, or intangible items
- Significantly not as described claims or chargebacks
- Unauthorized reversals or chargebacks for items not sold on eBay
Terms and conditions apply. Please see full policy for further details and exclusions.