Resources for police investigations.
As a world-leading payment service, PayPal enables millions of people to pay and be paid online. PayPal's Global Investigations team promotes the safe use of PayPal platforms and collaborates with local, national and international police in apprehending and prosecuting criminals.
Resources for police officials
Police officers and government agencies can submit PayPal data requests through our Safety Hub - PayPal Law Enforcement Tool.
Requests submitted through our Safety Hub must be addressed to PayPal and include a typed, official document bearing the logo of the requestor and the signature of an agent or court officer with the authority to issue compulsory orders. They should also include:
- The requester’s name, department, street address, phone number, email address and fax number.
- As much information about the subject as possible. (We can locate accounts with email addresses, PayPal account numbers, PayPal transaction IDs or financial information.)
- Exactly what information is required and how it pertains to PayPal and your investigation.
- This service is for law enforcement only and enquiries from customers will not be answered
- No official requests received by email will be satisfied or responded to
- Priority will be given only in particular circumstances and investigation types (e.g., life threatening issues) and only where the sense of urgency is appropriately specified
For general information, please contact email@example.com
Resources for customers
If you are not a law enforcement official, please return to our Security page for information about staying safer online with PayPal.